08 April 2009

Playlist Wednesday: Crayola Should Hire Me


It's obvious when I say I like colors. I am a designer. I like looking at paint swatches at the hardware store, I like when stores organize clothing by color family and a box of unused Crayolas is still exciting to me. I know I'm not the only one who feels this way, so it's not surprising that color names are a part of so many song titles. This week's playlist came together pretty easily and there are dozens of other songs I could have included.

News! No Doubt has a new single titled 'Stand and Deliver.' Listen.

First listen, I am skeptical. Yes, that is a horse neighing in the beginning. The song is a cover, originally sang by Adam and the Ants. They had a horse neigh too. It is catchy, however "da diddley qa qa"? It sounds like Ned Flanders speaking French. I can't blame No Doubt for those lyrics though, they didn't write the song. And as much as I don't want to love it, the song is stuck in my head. It's a departure from their reggae influenced songs. They tried to go back to their old sound, but they went too far back. Remember, Trapped in a Box? This song could be the follow up. I'm eager for the rest of the album, and I can't wait till they come to Chicago.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails