08 September 2009

I painted


I hope everyone had a fabulous three-day weekend. I suspended my healthy eating with a trip to my parents' house for ribs and coconut cake. I regret nothing. Then I spent some quality time with gramma. She watched Titantic and told me how it's inaccurate.

I also painted! I've been wanting to do something with a silhouette for a while, and liked the idea of collaging with book pages. The pages came from a book that was given to me in high school. I had a friend who worked in the school library and would give me books the school was throwing out. I didn't feel horrible about tearing the book up. It's not a classic novel, and it's been sitting on my shelf for about five years. It will do more good on my wall then on the shelf. The silhouette is based on Jane Austen. I know, Austen + book pages = literary nerd fest. I don't care. I hung it in my bathroom, and it makes me really happy.

3 comments:

Tragic Schmagic said...

Love it.

Cupcake said...

You know I love this.

mushroom said...

Nice, Amanda!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails