21 September 2009

Peace Out Summer



It's official, today is the last day of summer. Tomorrow starts fall. Call it fall, call it autumn, call it whatever you want. I am please with this transition. Aside from fall being my favorite reason (cardigans, leaves changing, hiking without sweating as much), I finished up everything on my summer to do list. I went to an outdoor Shakespeare play, had a picnic on the boulevard, went to the beach, took a bike ride along the lake front, went to Great America, went to BLU, had a weekend getaway in NYC and even had an excursion to Indiana. Not too shabby of a summer if do I say so myself. I have a few things lined up for fall, but it's nothing like summer. Fall is time to buckle down and get back to business. No more lazy summer days. Get things done before winter comes. Fall makes me want to cook too. I get my bake on. I think apples, lots of cinnamon, pumpkin and spices. To get fall rolling, here are a few recipes that have caught my fancy:

Fresh Fruit Cake
Baked Apples
Pumpkin Pinwheel Cookies

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails