28 October 2009

Playlist Wednesday: 2003 Timewarp



Everyone seemed to have fun with last week's ode to the year 2000. Let's try this one more time and go for another big year in my life- 2003. In that year I graduated high school, started college, my brother got married (!!!), I started my first "real job" at switchboard for McDonald's, I highlighted my hair for the first time (which lead to a downward spiral and a freshman year of college in which I was nearly blond, refused to admit it and walked around with wretched grown out roots) and I drove a Nissan Stanza circa '98 that I lovingly named Stan. Good memories. Here are the top songs of 2003, I hope they spark some memories for you

1. Crazy In Love, Beyoncé Knowles featuring Jay-Z
2. Hey Ya!, Outkast (I can't believe this song is that old)
3. Here Without You, 3 Doors Down
4. Baby Boy, Beyoncé Knowles featuring Sean Paul (never liked it, never will)
5. Miss Independent, Kelly Clarkson (I knew all the words)
6. Beautiful, Christina Aguilera
7. Rock Your Body, Justin Timberlake
8. Where Is the Love?, Black Eyed Peas featuring Justin Timberlake
9. When I'm Gone, 3 Doors Down
10. All I Have, Jennifer Lopez featuring LL Cool J
11. Shake Ya Tailfeather, Nelly, P. Diddy & Murphy Lee (ha)
12. Unwell, Matchbox
13. Picture, Kid Rock & Sheryl Crow (possibly the worst song ever, at least in the top 10)
14. In da Club, 50 Cent
15. I'm With You, Avril Lavigne (Avril tried to go serious and give us a ballad)
16. Bring Me to Life, Evanescence
17. Cry Me a River, Justin Timberlake (Justin's ode to Britney and how she did him wrong)
18. Can't Hold Us Down, Christina Aguilera featuring Lil' Kim
19. Harder to Breathe, Maroon 5
20. Why Don't You & I, Santana featuring Alex Band




3 comments:

mushroom said...

Bring Me to Life was like my favorite song ever. My goodness how I've grown. And I remember you showed me this picture-I still can't figure out how your legs look like little person legs ???

Meeshoo said...

Love the flashback, whoa you really are blonde! I forgot. Also, we got married in 2002. :-)I miss Stan!!

cupcake said...

Wow. What a year. I have to put in my vote for worst song on the top 20 though: Hey Ya.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails