04 January 2010

Shopping Vicariously: Polka Dot Frenzy


I have a pension for polka dots. They win the 'fun' award for patterns. In my eyes, they can do no wrong. Fun fact: While polka dots are ancient, they first became common on clothing in the late nineteenth century in Britain. At the same time polka music was extremely popular and the name was also applied to the pattern, despite no real connection between them.

While I have a few polka dot items, I've never taken it to the next level and worn them all at once. I don't know how the general public would receive that. If I walked rather fast all the dots might make people dizzy. Still, a girl can and should dream. Today, we will all dream of a "Polka Dot Frenzy."

Ensemble:
Dress
Clutch
Earrings
Journal
Shoes
Jacket
Necklace

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails