15 March 2010

If I Was A...

Day one at the new job is over. I don't have an opinion yet, because I haven't done anything. I'm in that early stage of needing to have my hand held through everything. I feel a little useless, and I don't like feeling useless.Regardless, I'm in a transitional period right now, and that leads to all sorts of thinking. I saw this a while back on Delete the Adjectives and loved it. It's fun to think about. I'd never thought about what sort of tool or body part I'd be, but I like it. So what are you?


If I was a month, I’d be September.
If I was a day of the week, I’d be Sunday.
If I was a time of day, I’d be mid-morning.
If I was a planet, I’d be Venus.
If I was a sea animal, I’d be a starfish.

If I was a direction, I’d be northwest.
If I was a piece of furniture, I'd be a letterpress drawer.
If I was a liquid, I’d be fizzy.
If I was a gemstone, I’d be an opal.
If I was a tree, I’d be one with a tree house in it.

If I was a tool, I’d be an awl.
If I was a flower, I’d be a daisy.
If I was a kind of weather, I’d be a crisp autumn day.
If I was a musical instrument, I’d be a tambourine
If I was a color, I’d be green.

If I was an emotion, I’d be enthusiasm.
If I was a fruit, I’d be a clementine.
If I was a sound, I’d be pencils scribbling on paper.
If I was an element, I’d be potassium.
If I was a car, I’d be a vintage Volkswagen Beetle.

If I was a food, I’d be covered in gravy.
If I was a place, I’d be a foreign city full of museums.
If I was a material, I’d be rubber.
If I was a taste, I’d be sweet, but I wouldn't give you cavities.
If I was a scent, I’d be citrusy.

If I was an object, I’d be a button.
If I was a body part, I’d be the elbow you always manage to smack into something.
If I was a facial expression, I'd be a toothy grin
If I was a song, I’d be performed with an acoustic guitar.
If I was a pair of shoes, I’d be a well-worn pair of brown Converse

2 comments:

Jessie said...

love this.. I think I'll play along!

Rachel Elizabeth said...

Happy to have inspired. If you were a foreign place full of museums, I would visit you. :]

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails