08 September 2010

It's not you, it's me. Actually, it's your new album.



Have you ever broken up with a band? It's sort of like breaking up with an actual person. There's anger, a little self-pity maybe even a rebound. It's not fun, but sometimes it has to be done.

I bring this up because I'm going to see a band tomorrow night that's been with me for a while now. We got through college together, they were with me when I got my first real job and there was a point where I couldn't talk to my friends without working them into the conversation. Lately, we've grown apart. They're going one direction with their musical taste, and I'm going another. Tomorrow night, I'll hear their new album for the first time and I know it's going to make or break the relationship.

I've only officially broken up with one band. Weezer was my first concert, and I will always remember the good times, but I cannot be part of an abusive relationship- musical or otherwise. They promised me the biggest and brightest things with each album after Pinkerton but it all lead to disappointment. I was hard, but I officially called it quits.

I'm hoping I don't have to go through another breakup, and this tomorrow night can save my relationship with this band. Only time will tell.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails