03 January 2011

Check It: Nice Cream

One of the things I want to do more of this year is buy local. My neighborhood co-op the Dill Pickle makes that pretty easy. I took a trip there Friday and found the most amazing ice cream- Nice Cream! Nice Cream makes seasonal, handcrafted ice cream right here in Chicago. They only use fresh & organic ingredients from local farms, and you can taste the difference. I bought some of the gingersnap cookie ice cream, and it rocked my world. Seriously, tiny bits cookies mixed together with bits of candied ginger. It doesn't get much better than that. The packaging retains the small batch mentality with handwritten fonts, and on the bottom of every package the expiration date is written. That's right- written. As in someone had human contact with the package and it wasn't made by factory robots. If you're in the Chicagoland area and want to try Nice Cream check out their site for where you can purchase the deliciousness. If you're not in the Chicagoland area, find your own local creamery and tell me about it!

1 comment:

mushroom said...

I tried Nice Cream when I stayed at your place! I had the Banana Bread one and it was real tasty!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails