21 September 2011

Summer Reads Gone By

If you haven't already picked up a copy of Bossy Pants and you enjoy all things funny, you're really missing out. Bossy Pants, authored by the amazing Miss Tina Fey, was my summer read.

The book chronicles her life from childhood to having a child of her own. It's honest and it's laugh out loud funny, like read it on the train to and from work, start to cackle then people stare at you weird funny.

What impressed me most with the book was how normal she is. Fey talks about the same body issues most woman have, she just discusses them more hilariously. My favorite chapters compare what it's like to be very, very skinny and what it's like a little bit fat. Yes, you will wear shorts when it's not short season, and yes you may burn your gut on an iron. Oh, Tina.

Even though summer is over, you should still pick up a copy of the book. Do it for funny's sake.

3 comments:

Julie Kirk said...

When I read this, sitting in my garden, I worried that the neighbours would think I was a seal - I laughed so hard!

The only problem is - nothing since has been able to compete.

I swear that last night I took a book of English Grammar to bed as I thought it would be lighter reading than some of the novels I've yet to finish!

Amanda said...

Ha! Have you read Eats, Shoots & Leaves, Julie? It's a grammar book but with humor.

Julie Kirk said...

No, not yet. It's one of those books which was everywhere for ages and sometimes that makes you avoid books doesn't it [unless that's just me!]. I really ought to have a try of it now enough time's elapsed! Thanks :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails